Temple of Wat Phra Si Rattana Mahathat
a Buddhist temple located in the city of Phitsanulok
The Temple of Wat Phra Si Rattana Mahathat is known as "Wat Yai” and is located on Phutthabucha road in Phitsanulok on the eastern of Nan River and opposite Phitsanulok city hall. The Temple of Wat Phra Si Rattana Mahathat is a royal monastery of the first class and is known as the place where the Buddha Chinnarat is enshrined. The Buddha statue is regarded as the most beautiful in Thailand and regarded as a valuable cultural heritage of Phitsanulok.
Inside The Temple of Wat Phra Si Rattana Mahathat there are many ancient relics;
- Buddha Chinnarat
- Pearl door leaf
- Temple of God entering Nirvana
- Phra Attharot
- The Temple of Wat Phra Si Rattana Mahathat: Open daily from 06:30 - 18:00 hrs.
- Phra Phutthachinnarat National Museum: Wednesday - Sunday from 09:00 - 16:00 hrs. (Close on Monday, Tuesday and Public holidays)
Things to do inside The Temple of Wat Phra Si Rattana Mahathat
- Dress appropriately
- Women should not wear short and sleeveless shirts
- Standing and taking photos of Buddha Chinnarat is prohibited
- Free entrance
How to get to The Temple of Wat Phra Si Rattana Mahathat?
- Drive through Route 11 or 117 heading to Phitsanulok province then take Route 12 (Phitsanulok-Lom Sak Road) and head straight to the route to Phitsanulok City Hall It is about 8.2 kilometres from Phitsanulok Airport
Looking for a hotel nearby The Temple of Wat Phra Si Rattana Mahathat (Wat Yai)?
Finding a budget hotel close to The Temple of Wat Phra Si Rattana Mahathat, while travelling in Phitsanulok, Thailand. At HOP INN hotel is a perfect place for your dream of planning a trip to Thailand on a budget.
- HOP INN Phitsanulok is 6.1 kilometres from The Temple of Wat Phra Si Rattana Mahathat and takes about 12 minutes.
- HOP INN Phitsanulok Mittraphap Road is 3.7 kilometres from Wat Phra Si Rattana Mahathat Woramahawihan temple (Wat Yai), which takes about 6 minutes.
Discover the best value for budget trips at HOP INN Hotels - the budget hotel network in Thailand, that offer affordable prices and comfortable accommodations, including comfortable beds, complimentary high-speed WiFi, and ample parking for business and leisure travellers. Stay in the heart of every province of Thailand with HOP INN - Where your good days begin!