1. PRIVACY STATEMENT
Erawan Hop Inn Company Limited and its subsidiaries (collectively “Hop Inn Hotel”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) recognize the importance of protecting your Personal Data. Whether you are booking a room or are a member of our loyalty program, we want you to trust that the data you provide us is properly managed and protected in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The term “Personal Data” in this policy refers to any information which can be used to identify you as an individual, provided voluntarily when you connect with us by any means, whether physical or electronic; through our website at www.hopinnhotel.com (the “Site”), our Hop Inn Call Center, or in any other form you communicate and interact with us.
Personal Data we collect may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Your name, gender, nationality, date of birth, address, telephone/ mobile number, email address, government-issued identification numbers and cards, passport and visa information;
- Guest stay information and service preferences;
- Payment information (banks, credit cards, and other payment methods);
- Loyalty membership information;
- Information you provide regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in our events, surveys, contests or promotional offers;
- Information collected through the use of closed circuit television systems and internet systems;
- Aggregated information wherein personal information is automatically collected such as IP addresses, website use, and website traffic data;
- Contact information and relevant details of employees and clients of vendors and partners with whom we do business (e.g. travel agencies, events planners);
- And in limited cases, information relating to the credit of customers.
3. USE AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Generally, we collect, use, and disclose your Personal Data for, but are not limited to, the following purposes:
- Guest reservations
- Customer service requests and inquiries
- Loyalty program subscription (Hop Inn Reward)
- Payment processing
- Marketing communications and promotions
- Market research and analysis
- Customer satisfaction and quality assurance surveys
- Vendor management
- Credit application
- Safety and security
- Legal and regulatory requirements
4. TRANSFER AND/OR DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may transfer or disclose your Personal Data:
- Between and among Hop Inn Hotel owned and managed hotels as are relevant for the above purposes and to facilitate the operation of our business;
- With third-party payment processors, payment service providers, credit reference and fraud prevention agencies for credit checking and identity verification;
- With IT and marketing support service providers and other consultants, vendors and service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or provide services on our behalf;
- With anyone involved in the process of making your travel arrangements (e.g. travel agents, group travel organizers, and your employer) in order to fulfill contractual obligations;
- When we respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal processes;
- When we comply with existing government and regulatory agency requirements; or
- When we find that your actions violate our Terms and Conditions, or our hotel policies for specific products and or services.
If and when it becomes necessary, a data sharing agreement or data processing agreement, shall cover the transfer/disclosure of Personal Data between and among Hop Inn Hotel and its vendors, consultants, and other service providers.
5. STORAGE AND PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Subject to applicable data laws, we will retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory, and internal requirements.
Your Personal Data is collected and stored by our hotels locally, and subsequently transferred to a centralized database. We are committed to protecting the confidentiality and security of the information that you provide to us, therefore, technical, physical, and organizational security measures are put in place to protect against any unauthorized access, disclosure, damage or loss of your information. The collection, transmission and storage of information can never be guaranteed to be completely secure, however, we take steps to ensure that appropriate security safeguards are in place to protect your Personal Data.
6. DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
You have rights under data privacy law and regulations, which include:
- The right to access your Personal Data;
- The right to make corrections to your Personal Data;
- The right to object to the processing of your Personal Data including processing for direct marketing, automated processing or profiling.
- The right to erasure or blocking of your Personal Data from our filing system (i) if there is no other legal ground or overriding legitimate interest for the Processing, or (ii) when there is substantial proof that your Personal Data is incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, used for a purpose not authorized, or no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
- The right to be indemnified for any damages sustained due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of Personal Data, taking into account any violation of your rights as a data subject as provided by applicable data privacy law and regulations.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Philippine National Privacy Commission (“NPC”) subject to its guidelines for the exercise of such right.
- The right to data portability which means that where your Personal Data is processed by electronic means and in a structured and commonly used format, you have a right to obtain a copy of such data in an electronic or structured format that is commonly used and allows for your further use, subject to the NPC’s standards, procedures and other rules for the exercise of such right.
- The right to transmissibility of rights. Should you pass away or be incapacitated or incapable of exercising your rights above, your lawful heirs and assigns may invoke your rights in your stead.
The immediately preceding rights are not applicable if your processed Personal Data are used only for the needs of scientific and statistical research and no activities are carried out or no decisions are taken in relation to you, on the basis of such data. Your rights as a data subject remain shall be subject to all other limitations provided by law.
7. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
The Site may contain links to unaffiliated third party websites. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your Personal Data with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy policies on all such third party websites. You can always know what site you are on by checking the location bar within your browser.
We also collect certain technical information from your computer each time you request a page during a visit to our web sites. This information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your computer’s operating system, browser type and the address of a referring site, if any. We collect this information to enhance the quality of your experience during your visit to our site and will not sell or rent this information to any third parties.
10. CONTACT INFORMATION
Erawan Hop Inn, Co. LTD.
The Office at Ploenchit Centre
1st Floor, 2 Sukhumvit Road,
Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110